Monday, November 03, 2008

Best of 2008 Condensed

The response to my brave/stupid offer to make a bunch of free CDs was overwhelming. So much so that I've had to choose between making fewer CDs or buying Christmas presents for the wife and kids. Guess which option won?

So, those of you who requested the official Andy Whitman Best of 2008 CDs, don't despair. I've got your requests, I've got your addresses, and you'll get your CD. Yes, I said CD. Out of necessity (it's only time and money, you know), the 3-CD set has become a solo CD. It was actually quite challenging trying to pare a lengthy list down to 20 songs. I suppose it should be noted that "Favorite Songs" doesn't necessarily translate to "Favorite Albums," and that some of the albums on which these songs appear (Ting Tings and Alabama 3, you know who you are) wouldn't appear anywhere near my "Best of 2008" albums lists. But these are all killer songs, and this is what I ended up with:

1. Head Rolls Off -- Frightened Rabbit
2. Crooked Road -- Chris Knight
3. The Rat Patrol and DJs -- Centro-Matic
4. American Tune -- Darrell Scott
5. The River -- Anathallo
6. We Should Fight -- Ezra Furman and the Harpoons
7. Stand -- Son Lux
8. Sweetest Waste of Time -- Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson
9. Mao Tse Tung Said -- Alabama 3
10. When They Come to Murder Me -- Black Francis
11. Contemptual You -- Beaujolais
12. Tickle Me Pink -- Johnny Flynn and the Sussex Wit
13. Water and the Spanish Tongue -- Unbunny
14. Archetypal Blues No. 2 -- Watermelon Slim and the Workers
15. Out Come the Wolves -- Jacob Golden
16. That's Not My Name -- The Ting Tings
17. Emergency 911 -- Sloan
18. Borneo -- Firewater
19. Palmyra -- Jolie Holland
20. White Winter Hymnal -- Fleet Foxes

4 comments:

Buckley Wheatish said...

Andy,
I completely understand. And as offered before, I would gladly be willing to cover the production and shipping costs of sending me such a CD.
Gary

Anonymous said...

do you want my address???? Not sure you have it but would be glad to send it. Just let me know through my email and I will give it right to you.

contact me at garsaeger@yahoo.com

thanks

Catfish Vegas said...

Andy,
I was gonna request one, but actually pulled back because I thought you'd get inundated with too many requests.
A suggestion:
Make an iTunes playlist, and copy it to a folder (include an xml file with the playlist) and upload as a zip file to sendspace or some other such site, and then it's an easier to send out mix...
Here's my latest using that style - just add the folder and import the xml file

Catfish Vegas said...

Oops, left off the link somehow:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2k6e6