Friday, July 26, 2019

Tyrant Watch


I’m sure you get tired of the Tyrant Watch posts. I assure you that I get tired of having to write them. But stuff keeps happening that makes it look like a tyrant is in charge. I wish that wasn’t the case.

You can complain about Wednesday’s Mueller hearing all you want. He appeared befuddled. He couldn’t hear questions. His tie clashed with his suit. Whatever. But two messages from the Mueller hearing came through loud and clear. First, the Russians compromised our democracy by directly interfering in the 2016 presidential election. Second, they are interfering again, right now, in the upcoming 2020 presidential election.

How did an alarmed Amerikkka respond? On Thursday, the GOP killed two bills designed to make our elections more secure. Nope. Not gonna do anything. 

A bit later in the day, the Little Fuhrer responded on State TV to questions about the Mueller hearing by accusing several people who were critical of him, including Mueller and James Comey, of engaging in "treason," and openly speculated that it might be appropriate to execute them. As in, you know, kill them. Criticize the Little Fuhrer and it's Off With Their Heads. 

This is really happening. In Amerikkka. Believe it.

So I’m sorry to bring this up, really, but it bothers me. It causes me to lose sleep at night. I truly miss my country. I’d like to have it back. And I’m just taking notes. Yes, there will be a quiz at the end.

No comments: