Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Decemberists vs. Devo




In the Lego Rock Star World, all rock stars look like disgraced Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Bob Dylan, for example, looks like Rod Blagojevich holding a rake. Johnny Cash looks like Rod Blagojevich holding a rake.

So one has to use one's imagination. Still, I'm struck by the resemblance between the Lego Decemberists and the real-life Devo. I love the fact that the Lego on the left is wearing a red flowerpot on his head. I love the fact that the real-life members of Devo are wearing red flowerpots on their heads. I also love the Colin Meloy lego, who actually looks like Colin Meloy. I blame this more on Colin Meloy than anything else, since Legos only have about three basic facial types.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digging the "vs." theme. Have you seen this site that's dedicated to that?

http://totallylookslike.com/

There are some pretty amazing ones in the archives.