Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day/Valentine

It's a snow day! Actually, it's more like a blizzard day. We have about a foot of new snow, the wind is howling, and the wind chill factor is below zero. Whee. But it's all good, because I don't have to drive in it, and I don't have to go to work. These days occur in the adult world about once every five years or so in Columbus, Ohio, and I'm taking full advantage of it. I feel like I'm 12 years old again. Anybody want to build a snow fort?

Today is Valentine's Day. Rachel (who is off from school; one in a continuing succession of snow days) and I trudged through the frozen tundra, managed to start the car, and slid our way to Flowerama. I figured that if any store in central Ohio was open today, it would be Flowerama. And I was right. Flowerama is the greatest store in the world. Other than the cool name, they also have many beautiful and cool flowers, most of them conveniently bunched in packages of 12, ready for display in the home. This is a good thing.

Kate did not have a snow day. This is because people still get sick, even when there is a blizzard outside. So she will get home later tonight, and be greeted by, I hope, a cheery display of a dozen long-stemmed red roses. And I will ask her to be my Valentine. There's no telling what may happen after that. And it will be okay whatever happens, because I'm married to my best friend, and the kindest, wisest, most beautiful woman in the world. Yes, I really do think that.


1 comment:

Karen said...

you should have gone sledding with us!!