Friday, May 29, 2009

What Color is Your Parachute?

Q: What color is your parachute?
A: There is no parachute. They just push you out of the plane. You might have a backpack that looks something like a parachute, but just trying pulling on the ripcord. What ripcord? you might ask. Exactly.

And so you plummet toward the ground below you, thinking happy thoughts about the days when skydiving was a fun and inspirational activity.

I can already write the 2010 edition of this book. Here's the complete text:

Good God, if you have a job, hang on to it. Of course, this is beyond your control, so just hope for the best. Tens of millions of people have been laid off. Just hope you're not one of them. And if you have been laid off, figure out some way to pass the time. You'll have a lot of time to pass. Some people figure that it's a good time to go back to school. You might as well, because you won't be working. If you already have four degrees, oh well. Perhaps you need to be retrained. Alternately, you could stay at home and blog. There is good money to be made in blogging. Best of luck to you. You're gonna need it.

1 comment:

Discover Your Wings said...

I've been out of work since November 2008. The only inquiries I receive on my resume are for scam jobs.

In my year and three months I've tried promoting a book I've published, volunteered at a domestic violence shelter, Just to pas the time. It's sad because I'm good at what I do, but I just can't get the clients.

Now I'm a certified life coach, but with this economy, all I have are three letters behind my name. I even have a specialty in divorce and abuse.

Yes, this economy sucks and I'm not sure if I'll ever work again in the near future except at Walmart. Get the razor blade ready...