Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Neko Case -- Middle Cyclone

Here's the album cover for Neko Case's upcoming album Middle Cyclone, due out in March. Now, I love Neko, and I can't wait to hear the new album. But I will confess to being take aback by that cover, which looks like it ought to be featured prominently in the latest issue of Testosterone Monthly. Here we have a beautiful neo-hippie chick, a vintage car, and a sword. It's enough to make me want to buy a fire pit and a chainsaw, and join my neighbor in chopping down all the trees in suburbia. Chop wood. Make fire. Drink beer. Leer at women. Good.

It's the sword that really does it for me. Without the sword, Neko merely looks like Tawny Kitaen in that Whitesnake video. Merely. But with the sword she looks like a Fair Elven Maiden Warrior, Liv Tyler ready to kick some Orc butt.

As I said, I can't wait to hear the album.

2 comments:

hallga77 said...

Andy,

Interesting cover but the car is a Cougar not a Cyclone. Is there a subtle message in that?

Tim

Natsthename said...

What in the living h-e-double hockey sticks?!

I'm anxious to hear it, though.