Friday, December 26, 2008

A Great Christmas













It was a wonderful Christmas. We had a great family time. I also received two of my favorite presents of all time:
  • Seasons 1 - 3 of the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
  • A stack of books:

    The Death of Ivan Ilyich and Other Stories -- Leo Tolstoy
    Bob Dylan -- Performing Artist (1960 - 1973) -- Paul Williams
    Bob Dylan -- Performing Artist (1974 - 1986) -- Paul Williams
    Bob Dylan -- Performing Artist (1986 - 1990 and Beyond) -- Paul Williams
    The Complete Short Stories -- Oscar Wilde
    Daniel Deronda -- George Eliot
    The House of the Dead -- Fyodor Dostoyevksy
Life is good.

5 comments:

John McCollum said...

I'm really happy for you and the family. You needed a good holiday.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Tolstoy? I am intrigued now.

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Quite a score.

I got Heima, the Sigur Ros DVD (and made Joe Kirk jealous, because he asked but didn't receive),

and The Pevear/Volohnofsky translation of The Brothers Karamazov.

I was a happy camper too.

St. Izzy said...

Wow! Dylan's lost a LOT of hair, and his beard has gotten so long. But at least he's put on some weight. };^)>


I am seriously coveting the R&B.

Andy Whitman said...

And I am seriously enjoying the R&B. I watched it as a kid, and the sly parodies and awful puns went right over my head. It's great fun to circle back to these silly cartoons.