Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Country Duets

Josh Jackson, editor of Paste Magazine, just posted a list of his favorite 10 country-rock duets on the Paste website. Good times, I tell you. There's nothing better than music nerds sitting around in coffee-stained t-shirts debating the Top 10 male/female country duets. And eating pork rinds.

Here's my list. Some of these are better classified as "country" than "country-rock," but there you go.

10) You're Running Wild -- Buddy and Julie Miller
9) Just Between the Two of Us -- Merle Haggard and Bonnie Owens
8) Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn -- Emmylou Harris and Ricky Skaggs
7) We Could -- John Prine and Iris Dement
6) Holding on to Nothin' -- Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton
5) Dirty Little Texas Story -- Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez
4) Jackson -- Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash
3) We Loved It Away -- George Jones and Tammy Wynette
2) Party Time -- Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell
1) The Angels Rejoiced in Heaven Last Night -- Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris

What are yours?[1]

[1] Anyone posting the words "Kenny" or "Rogers" will be automatically banned from future comments on my blog.

8 comments:

Annie Rich said...

So hard to pick, but high on the list is Steve Earle/Emmylou-Can't Remember if We Said Goodbye. Just RIP my heart out.

Anonymous said...

Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez are definitely my favorite duo.

mgrimm said...

"Keep Your Distance" and "Rock, Salt, and Nails" by Buddy & Julie Miller.

Mike

Hayseed said...

<< Dirty Little Texas Story -- Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez >>

I think you have a cool little list there, partner.

Especially pleased with Chip & Carrie's inclusion. I always feel a little "big brother" pride when it comes to Carrie's success. I'm sure I told you she was playing with me in Austin, TX when Chip came to my show and "discovered" her. I love that girl.

Hayseed said...

<< Dirty Little Texas Story -- Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez >>

I think you have a cool little list there, partner.

Especially pleased with Chip & Carrie's inclusion. I always feel a little "big brother" pride when it comes to Carrie's success. I'm sure I told you she was playing with me in Austin, TX when Chip came to my show and "discovered" her. I love that girl.

Grant Wentzel said...

"Anyone Else But You" -- The Moldy Peaches.

In my mind, the song belongs to some friends of mine, but I still love it.

hallga77 said...

What if we happen to like _____ Chesney or Roy _______ & Dale Evans duets?

hallga77 said...

What if we happen to like _______ Price or Roy _______ & Dale Evans duets?