Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Living Water

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
-- John 7:37-38

Allright, I will readily admit that this is terrible biblical interpretation, but I'm going to acknowledge the connection anyway.

Today, for the first time in more than a month, I've been able to pee on my own. That sounds like a mundane, if somewhat inappropriate, message. It's not. Doctors have told me that it wouldn't and couldn't happen. But it did today. Three times so far. I never thought I'd want to do cartwheels over basic bodily functions. But I do. Praise God. Excuse me. I'm going to drink some more water now just so I can see it again.

14 comments:

mg said...

hallelujah!

praying for more pee.

Karen said...

YAY!!! that's great news! do you have any idea as to why you suddenly can pee again?

Robin Oatts said...

this is awesome.

i've been meaning to email you but i assume you're out of the office and i don't have your personal address.

i hope the doctors continue to be wrong...

Andy Whitman said...

Karen, Kate and I went to see another doctor this morning to get a second opinion.

The first doc essentially told me, "We're going to leave the catheter in for a total of six weeks, then we're going to take it out and you're not going to be able to pee. Then we're going to do surgery on you, and you still may not be able pee. Then you'll learn how to live with a cathether the rest of your life."

The second doc this morning said, "Let's take this thing out and see what happens." He took it out, and I could pee. And I've been peeing up a storm all day -- six times so far, and counting. And believe me, after more than a month of not being able to do that, I'm counting.

You have no idea how thankful I am. Was it mis-diagnosis? Is it a miracle? I don't know. I don't care. I'm just so thankful.

Karen said...

that's so awesome. i'm liking this second doctor A LOT.

John McCollum said...

Awesome. I'm praying that it just keeps on a-flowin'

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is fantastic news. I gave a little cheer when I read it.

I love your living water name :)

Beth said...

Yay! Just yay! Godspeed the more pee and all that.

Someone Said said...

Great news. Probably didn't matter if you left the seat up either!

Anonymous said...

YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

just scott said...

beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Golden...

Anonymous said...

The lesson here is, not all doctors are equal. As the old joke says, what do you call the person who graduates last in his or her class from medical school? Answer: Doctor.

Anonymous said...

Have to say I never thought of that passage that way but I'd say this is answered prayer. Glad for the "relief" from what you've gone through and hope it lasts.