Friday, March 12, 2010

Titus Andronicus

I am listening to The Monitor by Titus Andronicus. There are moments on this album (and the whole last half of "Four Score and Seven" is one such instance) where I want to rise up from my cubicle and smite the corporate assholes hip and thigh with great slaughter, rain down bitter invective on all the money-grubbing, soulless, capitalist automatons, including Wall Street bankers and accountants of every persuasion and the rent-a-pennant New York Yankees, to call out for justice for the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free, and to hoist a defiant middle finger to everyone with an MBA, myself included. You've got to watch yourself when you listen to this at work. What an album. Rock and roll.


Shane MacGowan's Teeth said...

Hell yeah.

It's still us against them!

Rob Vander Giessen-Reitsma said...

Wow! After reading this and Marty Garner's review, I really need to check out this album. Sounds like my kind of music ... :)