Friday, April 18, 2008

Booked

I am looking at my calendar and getting depressed. My next free weekend is in mid-July. Most weeknights between now and then are already booked as well.

I like being busy, so that's not really the issue. But what I don't like is that there is no leeway to be spontaneous. What that means is that when something like the Justice Revival, which is currently happening in Columbus, comes up, I'm out of luck. Those nights were booked long ago. Give me three months notice and you've got a shot. Two weeks notice? No chance.

I thought this Empty Nest phase would free up some time. It hasn't. And the kids are coming home soon, too. It would be nice to be able to fit them in. I think June 23rd is currently free. Maybe we can catch up on the school year then.

No comments: